Award-winning BBC investigative reporter and author, Greg Palast, is stopping in Portland on [Saturday] April 5, 2003 on a multi-city national book tour in promotion of the U.S. Edition of The Best Democracy Money Can Buy. The book, a compilation of Palast's articles for the BBC and London Observer, was released February 2003 by Plume Penguin in paperback. This new special edition is tougher, deeper, and bigger with over 100 pages of new investigative material. Topics such as who is ringing the cash register on the Orwellian USA Patriot Act, why the Bush administration is silent about Saudi support for terrorism, the real story of Iraq's nuclear program, as well as an update on Venezuela including Palast's interview with President Hugo Chavez have been added. IMC is going to have an opportunity to interview Mr. Palast and would like to include your questions. Among the contentions and questions posted thus far on this site: |
[ Read More about Palast's Visit ] Contribute questions for IMC interview | www.gregpalast.com | Palast in Eugene too!
- [Palast]is a disingenuous muckraker and will list all the companies connected to the Bush Regime...[but] Ultimately, it is the Anglo-American Imperialist nations--America, England, Australia, and Canada--who will profit from and profiteer off of this war crime.
- More important is the fact that this war is being fought for FUNDAMENTAL GEO-POLITICAL REASONS and not merely for war profiteering purposes. The invasion of Iraq has much more fundamental motivations behind it--namely, an attempt to impose a Pax Americana (or should I say an American Reich) on the planet... regardless of who is selected to the Presidency, there will be no fundamental change in policy.
- See if Palast talks about the Project for a New American Century in any comprehensive fashion, for example.
- Or the American desire to prevent the emergence of the Euro as an alternative currency for Oil.
- The problem with Palast like most muckrackers and so-called investigative journalists is that they like to focus on individual scapegoats, personalities, or issues and refuse to question the American Empire or the capitalist system itself.
- According to Wired News in February 2003, the Senate passed a bill by voice vote authored by Sen. Wyden (OR) defunding the Total Information Awareness agency... Why couldn't the Senate by voice vote pass a bill impeaching Junior for high crimes and misdemeanors?
- Can you tell us about Voter News Service and VNS' executive director Ted Savaglio?
- Do you know about ... 1992 book "Votescam: The Stealing of America" by James M. and Kenneth F. Collier. In 1970, Ken Collier was challenging long-time U.S. Representative from Florida Claude Pepper for the house seat and exposed an election fraud that's more mysterious and stranger than fiction. ( http://www.votescam.com/frame.html )