newswire article questions united states

alternative media

marcseed, do you Live in the United States?

asking because,

your re-posts here to this newswire seem to be largely targeted on events / politics of the U.S.

( am guessing, you are from/live in Europe? ... )

I am asking this question because:

if you are not an actual resident, or worker, located within this country
your best intentions for how these Translations of articles (which are not sourced from American authors) are impacting us here living-working under the Regime, may be completely misplaced.

i.e. no matter how 'smart' your authors or translations of articles are, they have absolutely no clue about or bearing upon what is *Actually Happening* here with regard to politics, economics etc.
No basis in experiential reality for the average American, living here now.

The judiciary could push America to solving the homeless crisis 15.Feb.2018 09:43

marc

Judge demands quick solutions to Southern California homeless camp.
Villages were built overnight with US funding in Afghanistan, Judge Carter said.

Perspectives Apreciated 15.Feb.2018 11:13

Daily Reader

Marc,
That's just one idiots opinion.
Thanks for all your translations.
Ignore the noise. Don't feed the trolls.

Question for ^ 'Daily Reader' / "Apreciated" [sic] — 15.Feb.2018 12:04

_

What specifically about marc1seed's Reposts here to the Portland Indymedia news wire,

is "apreciated" ?

Please be specific (content, topic, other applicable).

Cite a few / several of marc1seed's reposted articles on the Newswire from the past couple of months (or whenever).

I owe no explanation 15.Feb.2018 12:39

Daily Reader

I owe you no information nor do I have to tell you shit.
Who do you think you are demanding shit from Indy readers?
Be specific, cite this or that (wtf).
Who the hell do you think you are.
Quit telling people what to do.

Fact is, I should be ignoring the troll (you) & not be "putting you in your place"!
I owe you nothing, you are a waste of space.

a "Daily Reader" of Portland Indy... 15.Feb.2018 13:59

DBG

...says it all.

The last week must have been tough, considering the wire was down for 2 to 3 days....

Waste of Space 15.Feb.2018 14:37

Daily Reader

It's apparent that all you do on indymedia is complain or demand people to answer you. That's when your not reposting (Facebook) news articles or ridiculing people who post. And that's all when your not busy slamming the website that you troll.

" I owe no explanation " — And There It Is. 15.Feb.2018 15:07

_

Lol. ( who's the 'troll' now... )

it'd sure be "apreciated" if you could provide even a smidge of evidence or facts

I owe, I owe, it's off to Troll I go, no time to say _ _ _ _ _ _

Big Joke is right 15.Feb.2018 17:12

Daily Reader

Wow - I am surprised you didn't demand I write each issue down for you. I'm feeding the troll which is you. I'm outing the Indy troll. Good ahead and make jokes about it. Your demands and opinions are a waste of space.

Joke Is (and can only be) On 'Daily Reader'. 15.Feb.2018 18:53

_

"Big Joke is right"

"Daily Reader"

Daily, huh?

Mon-Tues-Wed when this site is down for maintenance; or, you just like pumping your numbers up?

----
"Wow - I am surprised you didn't demand I write each issue down for you."
----

Since you have nothing but rhetorical spew displayed here it's a bit difficult to get a sense of "where your coming from".

But since you apparently have the spare ? time to be a 'Daily Reader' (lulz) of Portland Indymedia I guess that makes you a sort of Ninja activist. Or something (all speculative on my part since no one can discern what/who you stand or advocate for).

----
"I'm feeding the troll which is you."
----

the "Troll" is actually Donald Trump at the moment who seems to be rather successful 24/7 these days.

He resides rent free (in your skull) too, real estate maven that he is.

everything woulda been so-ooo much better if Hillary or Obama was in the WH right now 2018 tho.
( Oh wait, when Obama was president PDX IMC wanted to protest TPP / NAFTA, which Trump canceled...  http://portland.indymedia.org/en/2017/01/434208.shtml )

Anti-capitalist? What happened to that? ( poof )

----
"I'm outing the Indy troll."
----

You've outed yourself so yep.

Hey I did notice though that the racist, misogynist, peeping tom, violence provocateur named 'OD' hasn't been seen much around these parts, trolling up the newswire with his dreck (which was really just pimp-spam for his own Ossifer blogspot) lately. You're not related to him are ya?

(Although let us not speak too soon... Perhaps the Fake News that the Parkland, Florida school murderer was a WN will be posted in the next 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 hours right here on PDX Indy's newswire by ol' Reliable 'OD')

----
"Good [sic] ahead and make jokes about it."

Go for you.

----
"Your demands and opinions are a waste of space."

Look in a mirror.

You could also merely choose to answer (a 'demand' was not being made of you) the simple questions posed earlier,

That is :

Which specific marc1seed reposted articles here on this newswire do you find so valuable, heartwarming or supportive to your goodly progressive (or What-The-F***-ever, we still don't know who-what your are) cause, and why?

at least provide us with your vaunted "opinion".

Then again... I can understand precisely your reluctance to engage in rational discourse, being that's not "Daily Reader"'s raison d'κtre here at all to begin with.

Who even mentioned Trump or OD (major off topic) 15.Feb.2018 23:13

Daily Reader

Your wasting space-n-time. You bring zero value to this website. All you post is your opinions and or news stories that are a copy-n-past from the internet. The ONLY thing you do well is ad nauseam criticism of this website and/or the authors who post on it. There is nothing natural about "your" type of a conversation.

Topics, *****ing and 'Daily Reader' 15.Feb.2018 23:42

_

----
"Who even mentioned Trump or OD (major off topic)"
----

It's my topic here (this original post) and Trump is on, or in your case in, everyone's mind at this site.
Whether you like or hate him. He's a polarizing figure. Random acknowledgment of the obvious.

"Your wasting space-n-time."

That'd be you.

(Nobody reads this site anyhoo amirite?)

----
"You bring zero value to this website."
----

and you bring ________ , in your coincidental appearance just today?

Why would I care what you think / how you 'grade' me, again?

----
"All you post is your opinions and or news stories that are a copy-n-past from the internet."
----

This topic thread? I wrote it.
It is not _my_ "opinion" rather,

the GENRE of this posted topic is:
'questions'
(one of the selections when posting articles to this newswire)

i.e. I have asked a forthright question of the Indymedia community and would expect the courtesy of being provided considered answers,
to my question.

yes I have made reposts of external pieces, but so does everyone else (except Geral, lol) here. Marc posts translations.

----
"The ONLY thing you do well is ad nauseam criticism of this website and/or the authors who post on it."

1. Not the "ONLY" thing i do

2. Topics and authors are beyond criticism? Here, or where else On The Internet is that the law?
Scared / fearful of criticism, you?

----
"There is nothing natural about "your" type of a conversation."
----

Oh but yours absolutely is.

Since you utterly refuse to engage in actual discussion of a topic.

Comes naturally and 100% identifiable to your ilk.

Yep, let's demean (aka troll) the topic by posting NHL links. 16.Feb.2018 16:51

_

( demonstrative of what even trolls think is a good use of their time, not to mention actual — or purported — Indy users, activists who would post such things... )

The marc1seed Articles Are A Plague But... 16.Feb.2018 20:35

blues

I really despise the "translated on the internet" apparently German articles. I smelt that maybe the head on this fish has begun to rot. But I want to just relax and enjoy it, since it is inevitable.

I don't "despise" Marc's articles, but — 17.Feb.2018 02:05

_

I truly do not see the utility (even from an intellectual-academic curiousity point of view) of,

every time Marc thinks it is appropriate, posting the translation of some European intellectual's interpretation of what is going on in the United States.

when I actually read or even just skim the pieces themselves, it is painfully obvious that most of these authors have absolutely no 'boot on the ground' in events, real life in the United States itself post-2001.

the articles Marc posts here are largely extrapolative and speculative intellectual exercises (based perhaps on their own experiences somewhere in Western/Eastern Europe, but not here) that have no bearing on grassroots activist strategy under the Bush-Obama-Clinton-Trump / Federal Reserve / IRS regime.

these authors can really only 'fantasize' about what it means to be, and live as, an American; particularly a working class American in the 21st century. Totally different from any Euro country's situation or experience.