portland independent media center  
images audio video
newswire article reposts global

imperialism & war

U.S. Poised To Attack Russians In Syria

WW-III Could Come This Week Because Of A New Rocket Attack On Syria. Please Get Ready To Try To Stop This!
Here is what is obviously-to-me THE REAL NEWS! See:

Z/~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RT America News -- 30 Aug, 2018 -- Russia warns US not to 'play with fire' in Syria - Lavrov
 https://www.rt.com/news/437256-lavrov-warning-syria-west/

Russia's foreign minister is the latest official to warn the US against using a possible chemical weapons provocation to justify a new strike against Syrian forces. He said Moscow warned the West not to play with fire in Syria.

Sergey Lavrov reiterated the warning that a staged chemical weapons attack in Syria's Idlib province may trigger a US-led attack on the forces loyal to Damascus.

READ MORE: US & allies can have missiles ready to strike Syria within 24 hours - Russian Foreign Ministry

"A new provocation is being prepared by the West to hamper the anti-terrorist operation in Idlib," Lavrov said during a joint media conference with his Syrian counterpart, Walid Muallem. "We have facts on the table and have issued a strong warning to our Western partners through our Defense Ministry and our Foreign Ministry not to play with fire."
Read more
Advancing Syrian troops hoist the national flag. © Mikhail Alaeddin Idlib to become Syria's final battle with terrorists... if the West stays out of it

Earlier, the Russian military reported that a group of militants in Syria was preparing a provocation, in which chlorine gas would be used to frame the Syrian government forces. The incident would be used by the US and its allies to justify a new attack against the country, similar to what happened in April, according to the claim.

Amid international tensions, Russia has launched a massive naval exercise in the Mediterranean Sea, which involves 25 ships and 30 aircraft, including Tu-160 strategic bombers.

The US earlier stated that it would retaliate to a possible a chemical attack by the Syrian government, using more firepower than it did in April. The previous tripartite strike by the US, the UK and France targeted what they called sites involved in chemical weapons research. It came in response to an alleged use of an improvised chlorine bomb against a militant-held area. Russia insists that the incident had been staged with the goal of triggering the Western response.
\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also:

/~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RT America News -- 30 Aug, 2018 -- US & allies can have missiles ready to strike Syria within 24 hours - Russian Foreign Ministry
 https://www.rt.com/news/437212-us-allies-strike-syria/

It will take the US and its allies just 24 hours to ready its missile-strike group for an attack against Syria, the Russian Foreign Ministry said. The statement comes amid warnings of a possible false-flag chemical attack.

The coalition strike group has around 70 delivery vehicles deployed to the Middle East, the ministry's spokesperson Maria Zakharova told reporters at her news briefing on Thursday. The arsenal includes nearly 380 cruise missiles, and US Navy missile destroyers 'Karni' and 'Ross' deployed to the region, each carrying 28 Tomahawk cruise missiles.
Read more
Jabhat al-Nusra terrorists in Syria. © Ammar Abdullah Planned chemical weapon provocation in Idlib aimed to prevent removal of terrorists - Lavrov

Earlier, the Pentagon denied Moscow's claim that Washington was building up military forces in the region. One of the US warships, USS 'The Sullivans,' left the Persian Gulf after media reports about an increased American military presence in the area, according to Zakharova.

While rejecting news of its growing presence in the region, the "US military forgot to mention that they can build up missile capabilities to strike Syria in just 24 hours. The strike group of the United States, France and the UK currently consists of planes, strategic and tactical aircraft at bases in Jordan, Kuwait, Crete," Zakharova said.

Moscow has repeatedly warned that a false flag chemical weapons attack is being planned in Syria's Idlib province to frame Damascus and use as a pretext for a new strike. Eight canisters of chlorine were delivered to a village near Jisr al-Shughur city, and a group of militants, trained in the handling of chemical weapons by the British private military contractor Olive Group, arrived in the area, according to Defense Ministry.

On Wednesday, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said that the planned provocation is aimed only at preventing the expulsion of terrorists from the de-escalation zone in Idlib. He also accused the US of trying to get rid of another "dissident regime" in Syria, as was the case in Iraq and Libya.
\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The second of these RT links is being totally censored by Google and DuckDuckGo. I think something big is up. Perhaps WW-III.

uh 01.Sep.2018 15:54

.

you think russian state propaganda is "the real news"?

Threats of Thermonuclear War Are Not "Propaganda" 02.Sep.2018 05:31

blues

Besides, who will state straight-facedly that the USSA CIA/CNN/corporate media outlets are anything but propaganda?

ok 02.Sep.2018 12:10

.

Probably because russia, via rt, routinely goes on and on about how the US is going to attack russia or russian interests. They are the mouthpiece of the russian government. if you don't understand that i don't know what to tell you

also, if you think cnn is propaganda, you aren't making a very good case by posting an absurd viewpoint from another propaganda outlet.

CNN Is Treasonous For Collaborating With The CIA 02.Sep.2018 15:05

blues

CNN Is Treasonous For Collaborating With The CIA

Russia and the People of the U.S.A. are partners. The CIA is simply the Mafia and its CNN is just lies and treason all the time. RT is the American people's true friend.

thanks blues, warning us (for the Umpteenth time) that WW 3 is about to commence 02.Sep.2018 22:50

NOT

.

*why* is this on the Newswire, again? ....

p.s. blues: An honest question for you : 02.Sep.2018 23:15

Inquiring Minds Want To Know

do you honestly just sit around (as you have for YEARS demonstrated-evidenced by your WW III posts to Portland Indymedia), waiting for Woarld War Three to begin? Is waiting for WW III, the sum total of your existence?

True Tyranny Is When The Rich Own Everything 03.Sep.2018 01:13

blues

The rich tyrants solemnly address the masses about "regrettable necessities" and "shared sacrifices," then launch more drones and cut school lunch programs yet again. Why merely react to what they are perpetrating?

The very concept of rich people (and even of modestly affluent people) would be bleached into meaninglessness if the poor ones ceased to exist. That is, the rich need the poor and oppressed for the sake of their own self-definition. So therefor they "launch more drones and cut school lunch programs yet again." (Really only a neocon subset of the rich and powerful actively promote these pogroms; the others just jet-set and so on.)

No one should be allowed to own more that 20 times what they need to make a living and live comfortably. People should be required to register their substantial holdings, and if they exceed the 20 times limit, a random jury should force them to sell off the excess, and reduce their holdings to 15 times what they need. The proceeds should go to the commonwealth. Anything they fail to register should be confiscated, and those who willfully avoid registering assets should be punished. That is the only way to control economic royalism and protect freedom and human rights.

Most of our industry has been sold by the rich for profit and shipped down the river to other nations, and there is perhaps only one way to rebuild it. All large industry should be owned and completely controlled by democratic communities and towns. Each community would own an industry, which could only be sold to another community. Some communities would have to be larger than others. For example, an ironmaking operation would require a large community, or consortium of communities. There could be government sponsored research and development communities too. Employees would have to live in the communities, and thus there would be a powerful incentive to minimize pollution. Small businesses would be operated by ordinary companies.

There will be no more rich political parties. No more rich to be protected by vicious policing. No more rich capitalists selling our industrial facilities down the river to China. There must be some regulation, unless we want to be utterly ruled by ultra-rich tyrants. Wealth control would bring freedom and prosperity at last!

I have known about half a dozen billionaire's kids, due to my unusual background. About 2/3rds of them seem like nice people; they seemed friendly and decent. About 1/3rd seemed like exploitative creeps. Most of their family names appear on products that may be found in an average person's home. They were already rich. To me, rich today is having about $250,000,000.00 of relatively expendable money.

I think maybe 30% just live on trust funds and party. Maybe 60% have jobs of some sort, such as sitting in boardrooms from perhaps 10 to 50 hours a week. And maybe about 10% participate in fascistic political "foundations" which do vast harm to our nation and its people. So all in all, the rich screw us over, and thus bestow toxic negative benefits.

Average people do not envy these rich ones. "Envy" is universally defined as "resentful desire of something possessed by another or others." Ordinary folks, and activists also, do not possess energy to waste contemplating resentful desires — they are too preoccupied with dealing the latest toxic negative benefits being foisted on them by the fascistic elements among the rich.

We would all be happier and safer if the rich went away. For example, if no one was allowed to own more than 20 times what they need to live comfortably and to have a good income.

truth 03.Sep.2018 07:41

.

the only thing that can stop a nuke is simple score voting

US Navy seizes 1,000 AK-47 rifles from a boat off the coast of Yemen 03.Sep.2018 17:59

By Luis Martinez

Aug 30, 2018, 4:58 PM ET

---------
U.S. Navy
WATCH US Navy seizes 1,000 weapons from boat off the coast of Yemen
---------

A U.S. Navy destroyer seized more than 1,000 AK-47 rifles from a "stateless" skiff in international waters off the coast of Yemen, and it's believed that they were part of an illicit weapons shipment to the war-torn country.

An SH-60 helicopter from the Navy's destroyer USS Jason Dunham observed men aboard a dhow — a sailboat often used for trade in the region — in the international waters of the Gulf of Aden on Monday lobbing covered packages into a smaller skiff.

The following day, "the skiff was determined to be stateless following a flag verification boarding, conducted in accordance with international law," said a statement from the Navy's Fifth Fleet, which oversees U.S. Naval operations in the Middle East.

---------
PHOTO: The USS Jason Dunham Navy destroyer seized 1,000 AK-47 rifles from a stateless skiff off the coast of Yemen, Aug. 28, 2018.U.S. Navy
---------

"Illicit cargo discovered by the Dunham's visit, board, search and seizure (VBSS) team included over 1,000 weapons," said the statement. Those weapons were determined to be AK-47 automatic rifles.

U.S. officials are often critical of Iran's "malign" activities in the region, particularly illicit transfers of small-arms weapons, as well as ballistic missiles.

(MORE: US Navy revives 2nd Fleet as Russians patrol North Atlantic )

But it is unclear if the weapons originated in Iran, and the Fifth Fleet statement said "the original source of the weapons has not yet been identified."

Efforts are underway to determine the shipment's point of origin and recipients, said Lt. Colonel Kone Faulkner, a Pentagon spokesman.

For now, the weapons are in U.S custody "awaiting final disposition."

---------
PHOTO: The USS Jason Dunham Navy destroyer seized 1,000 AK-47 rifles from a stateless skiff off the coast of Yemen, Aug. 28, 2018.U.S. Navy
---------

Because the skiff's engines were inoperable, its crew was taken aboard the destroyer before being transferred to the Yemeni Coast Guard.

"Our ship routinely conducts maritime security operations with our highly trained VBSS team incorporating both on- and off-ship intelligence assets to help locate vessels," said Cmdr. John Hamilton, Dunham's commanding officer.

(MORE: UN experts: Possible war crimes by all parties in Yemen )

"Ensuring the free flow of commerce for legitimate traffic and securing the sea lanes of communication continue to be paramount to the U.S. Navy and its regional partners and allies, and I am proud of Jason Dunham's sailors for accomplishing the mission."

The last time a U.S. Navy vessel interdicted a similar illicit arms shipment was on March 28, 2016, when the patrol ship USS Sirocco intercepted a dhow in the Arabian Sea that was carrying 1,500 AK-47's, 200 RPG launchers and 21 .50 caliber machine guns.

Three earlier seizures of similar illicit arms shipments in late 2015 and early 2016 were carried out by Australian and French Navy ships.


US Intel Officials Made Secret Trip To Damascus For Talks With Assad Advisor 03.Sep.2018 18:03

by Tyler Durden

Wed, 08/29/2018 - 15:50

Reuters has confirmed a bombshell report which first surfaced Tuesday in Lebanese media saying that a high level delegation of US intelligence officials made a secret visit to Damascus in June to meet with President Bashar al-Assad's most trusted senior advisor, Ali Mamlouk, who serves as Syria's top security chief.

The meeting, which took place near Damascus international airport, was first revealed by the Lebanese daily al-Akhbar, which reported it as lasting up to four hours and part of an ongoing secret back-channel dialogue.

Such talks are unprecedented for the fact that the two countries haven't had such direct dealings since near the start of the conflict in 2011, and the United States and its allies have bombed Syrian government forces and locations multiple times over the past years.

Perhaps the biggest revelation is contained in the following, according to Reuters:
 link to www.reuters.com

U.S. officials had demanded the withdrawal of Iranian forces from southern Syria and data on "terrorist groups", including foreign fighters, and had also requested a role in the oil business in eastern Syria.

The secret face-to-face dialogue between US and Syrian intelligence officials reportedly centered on discussions over chemical weapons usage and stockpiles, defeating ISIS, and the fate of American journalist Austin Tice, kidnapped in 2012 after being embedded with FSA factions. However, US officials blame Damascus or its allies for kidnapping and continuing to hold Tice.

Reuters was able to obtain separate confirmation of the al-Akhbar report through US intelligence sources: Asked about the reports, two senior U.S. intelligence officials, speaking on condition of anonymity, said there was an "ongoing dialogue with members of the Assad regime"...

Meanwhile, the Al-Akhbar report (which can be read in English translation here) notes that the U.S. officials had additionally demanded with withdrawal of all Iranian forces from Syria's south, as well as available Syrian government data on all terrorists operating in the country, especially captured foreign fighters.

---------
Ali Mamlouk (right) is considered Assad's closest and most trusted advisor. He met with US intelligence officials in June, according to Reuters.
---------

Crucially, the list of requests also included that the US have a role in Syria's eastern oil fields, according to Reuters, citing Al-Akhbar. Currently, a number of major oil and gas fields fall in areas under the control of the largely Kurdish and US-backed Syrian Democratic Forces.

The Al-Akhbar report provided the following details regarding US demands, according to an English translation provided by Syriana Analysis:

The American side made a clear and specific offer: The United States is ready to withdraw its troops completely from Syrian territory, including the Al-Tanf and Eastern Euphrates according to security arrangements supervised by the Russian and Syrian armies. In exchange for three US demands:

First, Iran's full withdrawal from the Syrian south.

Second, to obtain written guarantees that give US companies a share of the oil sector in the regions of eastern Syria.

Third, the Syrian side to provide the Americans with full data of the terrorist groups and their members, including the numbers of foreign fighter deaths of these groups and those who survived, and those may return to Western countries, considering that the terrorist threat is intercontinental. And what we can get, serve the international security

And the Syrian delegation's response according to Reuters was as follows: "Mamlouk said Damascus would not cooperate with Washington on security issues until they had normalized ties and he also demanded a complete withdrawal of U.S. forces from Syria, al-Akhbar reported."

Reuters cites a trusted regional source to say "most details in the al-Akhbar report were correct," which makes the mention of US eyeing Syrian oil interesting, especially as when Trump publicly mulled pulling US troops out of Syria altogether prominent neocon pundits urged "staying the course," while saying, "We took the oil. We've got to keep the oil."

But it appears the Syrian government, fully aware it has won the seven year long proxy war, and now headed to complete military victory in Idlib (barring any last minute "provocation" which could spark a new round of major external military intervention), has shut the door on the US intelligence officials.

REUTERS:  link to www.reuters.com


This is a perfectly valid article... 04.Sep.2018 11:52

erasmus

Stop attacking blues for posting this and any other articles. So what if it's from a Russian newswire, it's another perspective to contrast with our home grown propaganda and gain a broader understanding of WTF is going on this world. Everything that gets posted should be looked at with the same discerning eye and not taken as absolute fact. As for mocking blues for "World War III" paranoia, there's nothing paranoid about it, WWIII is going on right now, it's just being fought in proxy form by our subject states, Trump is heating up a cold war with China, which could turn hot if they decided to kick our asses out of Afghanistan. The Russians have good reason to be worried about US activities in Syria, and the US has the same concerns, after all both sides want to control oil pipelines for economic reasons, which is something that was left out of the article:  https://www.strategic-culture.org/news/2016/10/24/oil-gas-war-over-syria-maps.html
It's not all so simple though, despite the US tensions with Russia in Syria and the Ukraine they both have concurrent interests in Afghanistan, namely not allowing China to become a major player in the oil biz.
Nothing is more important for power and wealth than the control of oil, most every world conflict currently and in the 20th century has centered around it. As long as we have this insane dependency on fossil fuels that will never change.  http://www.americanforeignrelations.com/O-W/Oil-Oil-and-world-power.html

sure 04.Sep.2018 13:00

.

Maybe a good place to start - don't post state-sponsored propaganda to an "indy" media site

There you go with your "Deep State" liberal biased facts 04.Sep.2018 13:27

....

"Probably because russia, via rt, routinely goes on and on about how the US is going to attack russia or russian interests. They are the mouthpiece of the russian government. if you don't understand that i don't know what to tell you "

Blues is an indymedia regular who embraces the great stories Russia Today offers:


The dangers of fluoride:

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqQkqZKBuV4

Exploiting the mentally ill

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQjTYmDKPaI
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fUxVgxj0vc

Vaccines are DEATH

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9qv-2zabF4


And of course that 9/11 is an Inside Job.

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mB3gwgBVUyw
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M_JWohI40Y



Yep, Russia Today(Putin's English speaking propaganda organ) is a great source of credible information.
/sarcasm







Debunking links for all the above:

Fluoride:

 https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Water_fluoridation

Lindaur's claims:

 https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/9/11

"Rebuttal: Sources like Wikipedia do not make any mention of these claims outside of the section dedicated to the book. Lindauer may not be sane to begin with, as she was deemed "unfit to stand trial" after refusing to take medicine to aid with a mental illness. This position was reaffirmed two years later.[53] "

Vaccines:

 https://www.publichealth.org/public-awareness/understanding-vaccines/vaccine-myths-debunked/

9/11:

 https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/9/11

RE: 'attacking' blues for posting RT-sourced material 04.Sep.2018 14:30

bernays

As erasmus ^^ pointed out, if the reportage in the specific item and about the specific event is generally sound it can be used. RT, sure, has its flaws and gets a portion of its money from state sources but so does (for example) Al Jazeera, from Qatar. I would absolutely not take either one of those sources for granted 7-days-a-week any more than I would CNN, The Wall Street Journal or what-whoever.

Ad hominem ("it's from Russia!") is sheer hysterics, particularly with the post-2016 U.S. corporate mass media delusional 'Trump: Russian agent since 1987' assertions lately.

My problem with blues is his dual obsession with World War 3 and simple score voting, neither of which have anything whatsoever to do with each other.
(not "mocking him for paranoia", but using the term 'World War III' has a very specific and discrete meaning; as to erasmus asserting "going on right now, it's just being fought in proxy form"... well yep, but that is another characterization and debate entirely. The Syria and post-9/11 Middle East / Central Asia situations are very much a resource-oil-minerals struggle between large corporate and state entities which we've discussed and referenced elsewhere on the site.)


Trolls "...." and "." : go jump off a really, really high rocky cliff.

no 04.Sep.2018 15:58

.

im not trolling. RT is a joke of a news source and loves crackpot conspiracy theory. it has no place on a site where people are looking for independent news, nor does cnn or wsj.

No ad hominem 04.Sep.2018 16:27

bernays

if you want to criticize the content of the 2 specific pieces blues linked in his post here, go right ahead. Provide reasoned 'objection' or commentary to the facts presented. But trashtalking RT as a name-source is mere ad hominem.


"a site where people are looking for independent news"
— I won't defend blues (as mentioned above he is hysterical about World War 3 and simple score voting)
but, apparently ? he posted this topic article here in an attempt to garner 'independent media' users of Portland IMC sympathies,
for his perceived notion that World War 3 is about to commence.
^That is what should be criticized here.
If you want to criticize blues for having also posted RT-links (in blues' vain attempt to 'legitimize' his own-posted topic), or ad hominem single out RT in the broadest non-specific regard, those notions have no basis to this topic.

Regarding news sources (RT, CNN, WSJ, DemocracyNow, CounterPunch etc.) the veracity and factual content of each presented topic can be decided and evaluated by readers on an individual basis. And — as noted above — by readers/users who can rationally discuss or rebut the facts presented, not scattershot "your source is trash" ad hominem.


Further:
trolls like "." are Concern Trolls. They post here supposedly concerned about lofty moral issues:

"a site where people are looking for independent news"...

but really their objective is to sow discord, distract from topic message, and Ad Hominem attack those who share ideas here on independent media. They are not "concerned" about independent media EXCEPT TO DESTROY IT.

Trash talking is NOT ad hominem 04.Sep.2018 17:22

....

"trashtalking RT as a name-source is mere ad hominem"

No it's not.

This is a mistake conspiracy loons of all types make. They think ad hominem is the same as being dismissive or insulting.

 https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_hominem#How_ad_hominem_works

"Ad hominem attacks are strictly fallacious when the attack has little or no bearing on the argument at hand. For example, dismissing a female scientist's opinion on a subject because she is a woman would be a fallacious ad hominem argument. Dismissing it for being incorrect with relevant evidence or reasoning, but making a sexist comment at the same time, would not employ formally fallacious reasoning. On the flip-side, dismissing that evidence or reasoning because it came packaged with a sexist comment wouldn't follow. "

How does this work?

Calling Russia Today a source of Putin based propaganda is NOT ad homenim. It's a fact. Perhaps irrelevant to the article, but still a fact.
Calling Russia Today a conspiracy kook factory is also not in dispute.
Are these insulting? Sure. They're also accurate. That's not "ad homenin.

An Ad homenin would be something like "this article is wrong BECAUSE its a Putin based conspiracy rag.

See the difference? FFS if you're going to use the Big Words, know wtf they mean.

"if you want to criticize the content of the 2 specific pieces blues linked in his post here, go right ahead. "


Why waste our time with a kook fest conspiracy ridden organ of Putin's propaganda machine? Or did you mean to say criticize the alleged "news" that's being presented as fact? Because we can do that:

"U.S. Poised To Attack Russians In Syria"

Then later...

" US & allies can have missiles ready to strike Syria within 24 hours - Russian Foreign Ministry"

Now those aren't the same thing. Poised to attack, implies its HAPPENING RIGHT NOW
"can have missles ready"...well they walked that one back fast.

Literally no other credible news outlet confirms this. Showing this article is little more than alarmist speculation. Alarmist speculation, BTW, that's 5 months old:

 https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/944578/world-war-3-russia-us-syria-trump-putin-missile-turkey

Why is Russia Today recycling 5 month old OMG WW III will happen ANY DAY NOW news...that was clearly wrong?

Now, who's supposed to be the troll you keep mentioning?

wrong, Ad Hominem is **attacking the SOURCE / person** . 04.Sep.2018 21:22

F***OFFTroll

[QUOTE]:
-----
"Now, who's supposed to be the troll you keep mentioning?"
-----

Well when you can't even define the Ad Hominem (*to which I originally referred*) properly,
you remain the Troll as charged.



[QUOTE]:
-----
No it's not. This is a mistake conspiracy loons of all types make. They think ad hominem is the same as being dismissive or insulting.
 https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_hominem#How_ad_hominem_works
-----

Who's the "conspiracy loon"? You are the one diverting discussion here and destroying Indymedia with your lies and disinformation.

You directly attacked RT *by name* and, by further inference you intend to discredit the reportage of that (RT) source :

ad ho·mi·nem
ˌad ˈhämənəm/
adverb & adjective
adverb: ad hominem; adjective: ad hominem

1.
(of an argument or reaction) directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining.
"vicious ad hominem attacks"
2.
relating to or associated with a particular person.
"the office was created ad hominem for Fenton"



[QUOTE]:
-----
How does this work?
Calling Russia Today a source of Putin based propaganda is NOT ad homenim. It's a fact.
-----

See above.

You can reasonably disprove / disagree with a claim that a particular news story emanating from RT might make
( and obviously, with reference to stories that specifically concern Asia-Russia related events and policy, *any sane person* would rightly be skeptical of those types of stories emanating from RT and seek corroboration elsewhere. But that is not proof that 100% of what is featured on RT or published by it = falsehood. )




[QUOTE]:
-----
"Perhaps irrelevant to the article"
-----

Yes, yes it is.

as are you to this entire discussion, Troll.




[QUOTE]:
-----
"Calling Russia Today a conspiracy kook factory is also not in dispute."
-----

See above. One can take issue with some, or even many, of the news reportage emanating from RT.
That, doesn't automatically make them a [quote] "conspiracy kook factory"... (sure Infowars / Alex Jones perhaps might fit or be 'not in dispute' on that score, but...)



[QUOTE]:
-----
"Are these insulting? Sure. They're also accurate. That's not "ad homenin.[sic]"
-----

As a professional Concern Troll, this is your M.O.
Be insulting, discrediting to the Source / person *by name*. ---> Never discuss the actual issue.


ad ho·mi·nem
ˌad ˈhämənəm/
adverb & adjective
adverb: ad hominem; adjective: ad hominem

1.
(of an argument or reaction) directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining.
"vicious ad hominem attacks"
2.
relating to or associated with a particular person.
"the office was created ad hominem for Fenton"


[QUOTE]:
-----
An Ad homenin would be something like "this article is wrong BECAUSE its a Putin based conspiracy rag.
See the difference?
-----

Difference? NONE.
Here is what you / your TrollBuddy wrote:
-----
> state-sponsored propaganda
> Russia, via rt, routinely goes on and on about how the US is going to attack russia or russian interests.
> They are the mouthpiece of the russian government.
-----
aka : "BECAUSE its a Putin based conspiracy rag"


Now, there is a 'Concern Troll' element of truth ^ above; of course any discerning and informed news user / Internet user, knows in advance, that RT receives major funding from the Russian government.
But again that does not mean everything they issue / write about / report on is entirely devoid of factual content.


[QUOTE]:
-----
Literally no other credible news outlet confirms this
-----

Sure, fine. See above.
any common-sense adhering news user / Internet user would obviously read a news source (whether RT or not) and, if the claim / reportage seemed sketchy, seek to corroborate it elsewhere with more credible or reliable outlets; to see if it actually happened-as-reported or was 'true'.



You're not going to escape being a Troll.
personally I don't give a ***k if 'blues' wants to keep his paranoid dreams of imminent WW 3 alive by posting RT-rehash to Indymedia, or calls CNN a "CIA conspiracy" (sure they have some CIA on the payroll but...)

Critique the 'facts'/information presented on its own merits or lack thereof.

But don't get on here trying to convince us that Ad Hominem,
i.e. directly attacking a *person* / *Source* by name ( "RT" ) and not addressing their argument —
PRECISELY AND EXACTLY WHAT YOU DID IN THE INITIAL Troll-COMMENTARY
> state-sponsored propaganda
> Russia, via rt, routinely goes on and on about how the US is going to attack russia or russian interests.
> They are the mouthpiece of the russian government.


is something other than what it is,
Concern Troll.

(speaking of "Russian conspiracies"....) fwiw 04.Sep.2018 23:42

NBC News

Space station leak could have been sabotage, Russian space chief says

A Russian space official says the hole responsible for the leak was deliberately drilled.

by David Freeman / Sep.04.2018 / 3:54 PM ET

The chief of Russia's space agency is claiming that the small hole that caused an air leak on the International Space Station last week wasn't caused by a meteorite, as originally thought, but was deliberately drilled and could be evidence of sabotage.

"We are considering all the theories," Dmitry Rogozin, the space agency chief, told the Russian news agency Tass on Monday. "The one about the meteorite impact has been rejected because the spaceship's hull was evidently impacted from inside...It was done by a human hand there are traces of a drill sliding along the surface."


of course 05.Sep.2018 12:51

.

of course it was sabotage. the evil imperialist americans drilled the hole to sabotage the russian side, which of course would kill all of the astronauts regardless of country but lets not let that detail get in the way of this insane conspiracy theory

You seem to be really upset 05.Sep.2018 17:13

....

It occurs to me you're over invested in readers accepting your problematic interpretation of ad hominem, which would lead to people being forced to sincerely debate bigfoot or the moon hoax conspiracy if an article was approved here.

You're probably misinformed. But you should be aware their are people who push a cynical interpretation of ad hominem to try to force others to debate batshit woo. It's okay, you can just say no.

And refusing to debate and simply asserting ones opinion that Russia Today articles aren't worth debating is a perfectly valid option in the real world. Only controlling cultists argue otherwise.

Put this quote on the mainpage 06.Sep.2018 10:13

Clyde

"RT is the American people's true friend" - blues

I will never stop laughing.

Let's all remember, this is _blues'_ World War 3-Upon-Us topic: 06.Sep.2018 13:36

+

"You seem to be really upset"
— Nah, that would be you about " state-sponsored propaganda ", " mouthpiece of the russian government "
Russia really seems to push your buttons... are you by chance, a Russia-Truther?
 http://portland.indymedia.org/en/2018/07/436412.shtml


"Only controlling cultists argue"
— Yeah, only they argue that Donald Trump has been a Russian asset since 1987 [^ see above link]

What's going to be Truther-awesome is the deafening sound of the Cricket Orchestra when Mueller finishes his investigation.



Clyde muses:
"RT is the American people's true friend" - blues
----


Well remember this is blues' own pet topic. World War III is upon us / any minute going to commence.
So be sensitive there Clyde. Don't wanna hurt feels.

And yeah agreed, blues thinks in clearly laid-out dichotomies:
CNN = CIA, therefore (automatically) RT = 'true friend'


How about the New York Times with their 'anonymous top administration official' editorial?

p.s. and Addendum: looks like blues Duplicated Himself 06.Sep.2018 13:59

so, 31.Aug.2018 07:45 should be deleted from Newswire

alternative media | imperialism & war

Will WW-III Start In Syria Ths Week?
author: blues

Here is what is obviously-to-me THE REAL NEWS! See:
 http://portland.indymedia.org/en/2018/08/436650.shtml

Addendum 2: **HEY blues** you _must_ watch this. 06.Sep.2018 14:35

>

Alex Jones Confronts CNN Reporter Oliver Darcy

dressing down CNN for 'de-platforming' conservatives (among much else nefariousness):
" you are *literally* a sociopath. "
" CNN is a giant fraud hated the world over. "
" you think you can gaslight people and call for censorship; and then a day later you say you *aren't* "
" CNN is like government cheese. Force-fed everywhere: bars, schools... "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne_wFdA-1oU
^this sounds like blues, and rAT, when they post on PDX IMC

The attack already happened - Corporate media is hiding it! 07.Sep.2018 13:29

anon

That's what blues will say in a week or two.

@anon 07.Sep.2018 18:36

....

It's obvious the DEEP STATE CONSPIRACY BENGHAZI BOSTON BOMBER PIZZAGATE KILLARY PEDORINGDIDIT!!11!!1

Notice "blues" has gone quiet?

Yes, "blues" Has Gone Quiet 07.Sep.2018 19:48

blues

Kind of a Julian Assange narrative. Maybe even alien abduction?